Worm Gear DuoDrive (Pinch Roll)
Pinch roll reducers use one worm on the power input shaft to turn two gears simultaneously, in opposite rotations.
Pinch roll reducers are designed for applications such as cold-roll forming, tube mills and wire mills, where very high torque is needed to smoothly propel metal through high pressure mill rollers.
Water cooling with finned O.D. tubing is available for sizes D40 through D240. Fan cooling is available for limited sizes. An oil circulation pump may be mounted and driven directly from the blind end of a single extended input shaft for size D40 through D240.
- True Double Enveloping gear geometry provide up to 600% more contact at the gear mesh for improved load sharing
- High torque capacity with no increase in size
- High shock load resistance, able to withstand high starting and stopping loads
- Greater precision, lower backlash due to the inherent characteristics of double enveloping design
Increased durability and longer gear life
- Case Sizes: 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, 240
- Output Torque: Up to 2,600,000 lb.in. (294000 Nm)
- Gear Ratios: Up to 4,900:1
- Input Options: Solid shaft (single or double extended), NEMA flange (56C through 256TC)
- Output Options: Solid output, hollow output