Worm Gear Model HP
Model HP double-enveloping worm gear speed reducers are designed for all applications that require extremely high torque and accuracy in a quiet, compact package.
Model HP speed reducers have higher shock resistance, greater endurance to withstand heavy starting and stopping loads, and can easily transmit two to three times as much torque as cylindrical worm gearing. Precision is increased, and backlash, chatter and noise are minimized. These speed reducers are designed for applications such as metalworking machinery, printing equipment and packaging machinery, mining equipment, and many others.
Click here to configure your Model HP product.
Model HP double and triple reduction worm gear speed reducers combine multiple single reduction speed reducers into one assembly. These units are built using true double-enveloping worm gearing. Each of the gearsets is supported by heavy-duty tapered roller bearings and housed in its own heat dissipating housing. We assemble our Model HP double and triple reduction speed reducers to order from standard Cone Drive parts. Interchange ability of parts means rapid manufacturing and delivery for our customers.
Steeple Bearings information sheet: Cone Drive offer steeple bearing arrangements for both the input or output shafts. Steeple bearings allow for higher overhung loads because the bearings are extended beyond the housing giving a wider bearing span thus increased overhung load capacity. Click here to download the Steeple Bearings Information sheet.
Built To last
- True double-enveloping gear geometry provide up to 600% more contact at the gear mesh for improved load sharing
- High torque capacity with no increase in size
- High shock load resistance. Able to withstand high starting and stopping loads
- Greater precision, lower backlash due to the inherent characteristics of double enveloping design
- Increased durability and longer gear life
- Case Sizes: 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120
- Output Torque: Up to 500,000 lb.in (56,500 Nm)
- Gear Ratios: Up to 343,000:1 in triple reduction (special ratios available)
- Input Options: Solid shaft, NEMA flange, metric IEC and servo
- Output Options: Solid shaft, hollow shaft, shrink disc and specials
The Worm Gear Model HP is proudly made in the USA.